Web site: http://www.tonton.be/
(born on January 26, 1967)Married, three children.
Web site: http://www.tonton.be/
Tel: +32 (478) 437253
Experienced ICT Engineer. Trilingual independent and practically minded. Does not fear to put the hands-on to the job.
- Web & Application Engineer at AXA Technology Services, Brussels. (2007/04-now).
Support of incidents on all enterprise application supporting platforms. Particular expertise in Citrix, BEA WebLogic, IIS, Apache, SiteMinder, LDAP on the following operating systems: Windows, Linux, Solaris.
Support towards first level engineers (service desk, developers, rarely end-users)
Setting up small projects in abovementionned technologies on request of customers.
I wanted to return into a more technical oriented job and AXA gave me that opportunity with this position.
- Problem & Change Manager at Axa Technology Services, Brussels. (2003/11-2007/04).
Incident analysis and derived problem assessment. Follow up of problem resolution. Managing changes and improving the change management process according to the ITIL standards. Problem & Change Management at Axa is composed of a team of Problem & Change managers because of the diversity and amount of changes in this environment that is under permanent consolidation due to recent takeovers of other banks and insurance companies. I also prepared and gave a Unix course to Axa co-workers.
Early 2005 I additionally became in charge of the follow up of the SLA's and the contract of AXA's outsourced service desk. The responsibilities included a weekly review of the SLA figures, helping out the contractor to maintain the SLA's and ensure that they had all the information and tools available to perform the job, handle complaints from end users regarding the service desk.
During 2006 an international team was composed to establish and implement processes to control the change management process in vue of the Sarbannes-Oxley compliance. I represented our Belgian site in this team. I acquired notable experience with the tool Tripwire to achieve this goal.
- Site Coordinator for Amsit at the BBL Brussels. (2002/7-2003/3).
Managing two help desk teams of 8 people each according to preset SLA's between Amsit and the BBL. Reporting on the SLA's and improving the teams performances and teamplay. The local resources were running on a small insulated LAN using three Linux servers which I also administrated (web access, Samba sharing, DHCP, etc...).
- Software Configuration Manager at Broadnet. (2001/4-2001/11).
The goal was to startup change management and request management in this newly starting company. This management project went smoothly even though the set goals changed quickly according to the company's needs and evolution. I rapidly and flexibly adapted to these changes. Towards the end of Broadnet (the company closed in Brussels), I helped the Unix system administrator to perform Solaris system administration tasks.
- Change Manager at Kraft Foods Europe - European Services Center. (1999/6-2001/3).
Administrative management of all technological changes in the core IT systems division. I reconciled all IT teams in a weekly meeting and generated a report towards external and internal customers. The company used mainly SAP under both AIX and Mainframe OS/390.
- Help Desk Supervisor at Euroclear Operations (J.P. Morgan). (1993/6-1999/6).
I started as a Help Desk Executive and became supervisor of that same Help Desk. That Help Desk provides all IT support to external clients world-wide. I performed multiple assignments all over Europe, in the Middle-East and America at client sites to install a custom banking software and provide an end-user training for it. I also lead a software development project (their main CD-ROM "Autorun").
- Programmer at Design Assistant NV (CAD systems). (1990/9-1993/6).
I performed several assignments abroad. I developped many of their internal CAD modules as well as external installation tools.
- Certified trainings and courses:
- Microsoft IIS 6.0
- BEA Weblogic 8
- Sun LDAP
- Citrix 4.5 Administration
- Business Managament Consultants: Project Management for Engineers
- Sun Solaris System Administration I and II.
- IBM: AIX System Administration (AIX is IBM's UNIX)
- Global Knowledge Network: Microsoft Official Course on Administering MS Windows NT 4
- Euroclear: Client Focus training.
- HP: Sales training, Product training, ESD course.
- Graduated in computer sciences at the IHR-BME, Ghent. (1987-1990)
- Thesis: Computer Aided Management Software for an Insurance Agent
- High School, option mathematics. (-1987)
- ICT has always been a hobby since my childhood
- Learned numerous programming languages and keeps going
- Hands-on PC hardware knowledge
- Dutch & French (native languages)
- English (fluently)
- Spanish (good notions).
- Internet (web development, online gaming, ...), Movies (action, comedy, sci-fi), flight simulation and general aviation, ...